Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, and Trypsin Topical Products
Last Updated: February 1, 2016
Products Affected - Description
Granulex spray, Mylan Institutional
788 mg/87mg/0.12 mg per gram, 56.7 gram can (NDC 51079-0621-81) - discontinued
788 mg/87mg/0.12 mg per gram, 113.4 gram can (NDC 51079-0621-82) - discontinued
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 5 gram packet, 60 count (NDC 58980 -0790-50) - discontinued
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 30 gram tube (NDC 58980-0790-11 - discontinued
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 60 gram tube, NDC 58980-0790-21 - discontinued
Xenaderm ointment, Smith & Nephew
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 30 gram tube (NDC 00064-3900-30) - discontinued
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 60 gram tube (NDC 00064-3900-60) - discontinued
Revina ointment, Prasco
788 mg/87 mg/90 units per gram, 60 gram tube, NDC 66993-0915-61) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Stratus Pharmaceuticals discontinued Vasolex ointment in April 2015.
- Smith & Nephew discontinued Xenaderm ointment in August 2013.
- Prasco discontinued Revina ointment in August 2011.
- Mylan discontinued Granulex spray in December 2015.
- Products containing only castor oil and balsam peru are not affected by this shortage. Examples include Venelex ointment in 60 gram tubes (NDC 58980-0780-21) from Stratus and Proderm topical spray in 113.4 grams cans (NDC 51079-0622-82) from Mylan.
There are no presentations available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
All presentations have been discontinued.
- Acetylcholine Chloride Powder for Intraocular Solution — Current
- Becaplermin Gel — Resolved
- Boceprevir Capsules — No Longer Available
- Cardioplegic Solution for Cardiac Perfusion — Current
- Chloroquine Tablets — Current
- Dexpanthenol Injection — Current
- Diatrizoate Meglumine 66% and Diatrizoate Sodium 10% — Resolved
- Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate and Sulfisoxazole Oral Suspension — No Longer Available
- Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets — No Longer Available
- Fluticasone/Salmeterol Inhalation Aerosol (Advair HFA) — Resolved
- Gabapentin Enacarbil Extended Release Tablets — Resolved
- Gadoteridol Injection — Current
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets — Resolved
- Iopamidol Injection — Resolved
- Levothyroxine (Levothroid) Oral Tablets — No Longer Available
- Otic Unapproved Prescription Preparations Containing Benzocaine or Chloroxylenol — No Longer Available
- Prenatal Multivitamins with Minerals — No Longer Available
- Rifampin and Isoniazid Capsules — Resolved
- Trypan Blue 0.15% Ophthalmic Solution — Resolved
- Warfarin for Injection — No Longer Available
February 1, 2016; May 5 and 21, April 29, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.