Aripiprazole Oral Solution
Last Updated: September 2, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Abilify oral solution, Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
1 mg/mL, 150 mL bottle, 1 count (NDC 59148-0013-15) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Otsuka has discontinued Abilify oral solution. The company has also discontinued the oral disintegrating tablets and injection.
- Amneal and Silarx launched generic aripiprazole oral solution in August 2015.
- Abilify oral tablets and generic aripiprazole oral tablets are not affected.
Aripiprazole oral solution, Amneal Pharmaceuticals
1 mg/mL, 150 mL bottle, 1 count (NDC 65162-0893-74)
Aripiprazole oral solution, Silarx
1 mg/mL, 150 mL bottle, 1 count (NDC 54838-0570-59)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals has aripiprazole oral solution available on allocation.
- Silarx has aripiprazole oral solution available.
- Aripiprazole Oral Disintegrating Tablets — Resolved
- Aripiprazole Short-Acting Intramuscular Injection — No Longer Available
- Olanzapine Injection — Current
September 2, July 17, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.