Aripiprazole Intramuscular Injection
Last Updated: July 23, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Abilify intramuscular injection, Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
7.5 mg/mL, 1.3 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 59148-0016-65)
Reason for the Shortage
- Otsuka has discontinued Abilify short-acting intramuscular vials. The company has also discontinued the oral solution and oral disintegrating tablets.
- There are no other suppliers of aripiprazole intramuscular short-acting injection.
- Abilify Maintena long-acting intramuscular injection kits are not affected.
- Abilify oral tablets and generic aripiprazole oral tablets are not affected.
There are no presentations available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
Otsuka has discontinued Abilify intramuscular vials. There are no other suppliers of aripiprazole short-acting intramuscular injection.
- Aripiprazole Injection — Resolved
- Aripiprazole Oral Disintegrating Tablets — Current
- Aripiprazole Oral Solution — No Longer Available
- Olanzapine Injection — Resolved
July 17 and 23, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.