Amoxicillin 875 mg Tablets
Last Updated: August 24, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Amoxicillin Tablets, Ranbaxy
875 mg tablets, 20 count (NDC 63304-0763-20)
875 mg tablets, 100 count (NDC 63304-0763-01)
875 mg tablets, 500 count (NDC 63304-0763-05)
Amoxicillin Tablets, Sandoz
875 mg tablets, 20 count (NDC 00781-5061-20)
875 mg tablets, 100 count (NDC 00781-5061-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- Aurobindo had amoxicillin on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Citron Pharma supplies product to current customers.
- Ranbaxy has an FDA import ban on amoxicillin tablets.
- Sandoz cannot provide a reason for the shortage.
- West-Ward had amoxicillin on shortage due to increased demand.
Amoxicillin Tablets, Aurobindo
875 mg, 100 count (NDC 65862-0015-01)
875 mg tablets, 100 count (NDC 00093-2264-01)
875 mg, 20 count (NDC 00143-9951-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Sandoz has amoxicillin 875 mg tablets on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Ranbaxy has amoxicillin 875 mg tablets on long-term back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Several suppliers have product and are supplying the market.
August 24, July 9, May 20, April 15, March 16, February 19, January 2 and 12, 2015; December 22, November 14, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.