Aminocaproic Acid Oral Presentations
Last Updated: April 29, 2016
Products Affected - Description
All presentations are currently available
Reason for the Shortage
- Akorn acquired Versapharm in 2014.
- Akorn stopped distributing and marketing Versapharm’s aminocaproic acid product on June 22, 2015.
- Akorn launched Amicar oral solution and tablets on June 29, 2015.
Amicar oral solution, Akorn
0.25 grams/mL, 237 mL bottle (NDC 49411-0052-08)
Estimated Resupply Dates
Akorn has Amicar tablets and oral solution available.
- Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Products containing Lipase, Protease, and Amylase — Resolved
- Thrombin Topical Solution (Bovine) — Current
- Tranexamic Acid Injection — Resolved
April 29, March 10, January 13, 2016; October 29, September 1, July 23 and 2, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.