Drug interactions between Zofran and Zuplenz
Interactions between your drugs
- Zofran is in the drug class 5HT3 receptor antagonists.
- Zofran is used to treat the following conditions:
- Zuplenz is a member of the drug class 5HT3 receptor antagonists.
- Zuplenz is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
5HT3 receptor antagonists
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the '5HT3 receptor antagonists' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the '5HT3 receptor antagonists' category:
- ondansetron (active ingredient in Zofran (ondansetron))
- ondansetron (active ingredient in Zuplenz (ondansetron))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.