Drug interactions between Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride and potassium chloride / sodium chloride
|Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride (lvp solution with potassium)|
|potassium chloride/sodium chloride|
Interactions between your drugs
Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride
A total of 84 drugs (264 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride.
- Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride is in the drug class intravenous nutritional products.
potassium chloride / sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride / sodium chloride is a member of the drug class minerals and electrolytes.
- Potassium chloride / sodium chloride is used to treat Dietary Supplementation.
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'potassium' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'potassium' category:
- lvp solution with potassium (active ingredient in Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride (lvp solution with potassium))
- potassium chloride (active ingredient in potassium chloride/sodium chloride)
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.