Drug Interactions between Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) and ranitidine
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) (phenylephrine/pyrilamine)
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) and ranitidine - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Poly Hist Forte (old formulation)
A total of 499 drugs are known to interact with Poly Hist Forte (old formulation).
- Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) is in the drug class upper respiratory combinations.
- Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) is used to treat Cold Symptoms.
- Ranitidine is a member of the drug class H2 antagonists.
- Ranitidine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Cutaneous Mastocytosis
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastric Ulcer Maintenance Treatment
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
- Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions
- Stomach Ulcer
- Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Surgical Prophylaxis
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Poly Hist Forte (old formulation) (phenylephrine / pyrilamine)
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of pyrilamine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with pyrilamine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of pyrilamine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|