Drug interactions between Ocuvite and PreserVision
|Ocuvite (multivitamin with minerals)|
|PreserVision (multivitamin with minerals)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 118 drugs (399 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Ocuvite.
- Ocuvite is in the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- Ocuvite is used to treat Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency.
A total of 118 drugs (399 brand and generic names) are known to interact with PreserVision.
- PreserVision is a member of the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- PreserVision is used to treat Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency.
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'iron preparations' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'iron preparations' category:
- multivitamin with minerals (active ingredient in Ocuvite (multivitamin with minerals))
- multivitamin with minerals (active ingredient in PreserVision (multivitamin with minerals))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.