Drug interactions between loteprednol / tobramycin ophthalmic and tobramycin ophthalmic
Interactions between your drugs
loteprednol / tobramycin ophthalmic
- Loteprednol / tobramycin ophthalmic is in the drug class ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives.
- Loteprednol / tobramycin ophthalmic is used to treat the following conditions:
A total of 0 drugs are known to interact with tobramycin ophthalmic.
- Tobramycin ophthalmic is a member of the drug class ophthalmic anti-infectives.
- Tobramycin ophthalmic is used to treat Conjunctivitis, Bacterial.
Drug and food interactions
No results found in our database - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'anti-infective ophthalmics' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'anti-infective ophthalmics' category:
- tobramycin (active ingredient in loteprednol/tobramycin ophthalmic)
- tobramycin (active ingredient in tobramycin ophthalmic)
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.