Drug interactions between lansoprazole and Next Choice
|Next Choice (levonorgestrel)|
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between lansoprazole and Next Choice - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Lansoprazole is in the drug class proton pump inhibitors.
- Lansoprazole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Aspiration Pneumonia
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
- Multiple Endocrine Adenomas
- NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer
- NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis
- Stomach Ulcer
- Systemic Mastocytosis
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Next Choice is a member of the following drug classes: contraceptives, progestins.
- Next Choice is used to treat Emergency Contraception.
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Next Choice (levonorgestrel)
Grapefruit juice may increase the blood levels of certain medications such as levonorgestrel. You may want to limit your consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice during treatment with levonorgestrel. However, if you have been regularly consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice with the medication, then it is advisable for you to talk with your doctor before changing the amounts of these products in your diet, as this may alter the effects of your medication. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience increased side effects. Orange juice is not expected to interact.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|