Drug interactions between grapefruit and praziquantel
Interactions between your drugs
- Praziquantel is a member of the drug class anthelmintics.
- Praziquantel is used to treat the following conditions:
- Beef Tapeworm Infection (Taenia saginata)
- Cysticercus cellulosae
- Dog Tapeworm Infection
- Dwarf Tapeworm Infection (Hymenolepis nana)
- Fasciolopsis buski, Intestinal Fluke
- Fish Tapeworm Infection
- Heterophyes heterophyes, Intestinal Fluke
- Liver Fluke
- Metagonimus yokogawai, Intestinal Fluke
- Naophyetus salmincola
- Opisthorchis viverrini, Liver Fluke
- Paragonimus westermani, Lung Fluke
- Pork Tapeworm Infection (Taenia solium)
- Schistosoma haematobium
- Schistosoma japonicum
- Schistosoma mansoni
- Schistosoma mekongi
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: praziquantel
Food can enhance the levels of praziquantel in your body. To ensure maximal oral absorption, praziquantel should be administered with or immediately after a meal. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. If you are receiving therapy with praziquantel you should avoid grapefruits and grapefruit juice. Grapefruit can raise the levels of praziquantel in your body and increase side effects of dizziness, abdominal discomfort, and nausea.. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.