Drug interactions between cloxacillin and gentamicin
Interactions between your drugs
- Cloxacillin is in the drug class penicillinase resistant penicillins.
- Cloxacillin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Gentamicin is a member of the drug class aminoglycosides.
- Gentamicin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Bacterial Infection
- Bone infection
- Burns, External
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Intraabdominal Infection
- Kidney Infections
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Rabbit Fever
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Surgical Prophylaxis
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: cloxacillin
You may experience reduced absorption of cloxacillin in the presence of food. The effectiveness of the antibiotic may be reduced. Cloxacillin should be administered one hour before or two hours after meals. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. Penicillin V and amoxicillin are not affected by food and may be given without regard to meals.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.