Drug interactions between Calcium Oyster Shell and Oyster Calcium
|Calcium Oyster Shell (calcium carbonate)|
|Oyster Calcium (calcium carbonate)|
Interactions between your drugs
Calcium Oyster Shell
A total of 366 drugs (2324 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Calcium Oyster Shell.
- Calcium Oyster Shell is in the following drug classes: antacids, minerals and electrolytes.
- Calcium Oyster Shell is used to treat the following conditions:
A total of 366 drugs (2324 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Oyster Calcium.
- Oyster Calcium is a member of the following drug classes: antacids, minerals and electrolytes.
- Oyster Calcium is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'calcium' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'calcium' category:
- calcium carbonate (active ingredient in Calcium Oyster Shell (calcium carbonate))
- calcium carbonate (active ingredient in Oyster Calcium (calcium carbonate))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.