Drug interactions between Ancef and Biaxin
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between Ancef and Biaxin - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Ancef is in the drug class first generation cephalosporins.
- Ancef is used to treat the following conditions:
- Biaxin is a member of the drug class macrolides.
- Biaxin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Dental Abscess
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Legionella Pneumonia
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Otitis Media
- Pertussis Prophylaxis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Strep Throat
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Biaxin (clarithromycin)
Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed.
For clinical details see professional interaction data.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.