What are Antihypertensive combinations?
Antihypertensive combinations have agents that control blood pressure. One pill or dose form contains more than one class of drug, which is indicated to treat hypertension. Having a combination of drugs in one pill may better control hypertension by improving compliance.
Types of Antihypertensive combinations
Please refer to the drug classes listed below for further information.
- ACE inhibitors with calcium channel blocking agents
- ACE inhibitors with thiazides
- angiotensin II inhibitors with calcium channel blockers
- angiotensin II inhibitors with thiazides
- antiadrenergic agents (central) with thiazides
- antiadrenergic agents (peripheral) with thiazides
- beta blockers with thiazides
- miscellaneous antihypertensive combinations
- potassium sparing diuretics with thiazides