Triaminic cough sore throat softchews
(in each tablet): Purpose:
160 mg Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP,
5 mg Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP,
15 mg Nasal decongestant
Uses: · temporarily relieves · minor aches and pains · headache · minor sore throat pain · nasal and sinus congestion · cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation · temporarily reduces fever
Do not use · in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
· with any other product containing acetaminophen ( see Overdose Warning )
Ask a doctor before use if the child has · heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease · diabetes · glaucoma
- a breathing problem such as asthma or chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) or chronic cough that lasts
When using this product · do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if · nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days or occurs with fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting
- cough comes back or occurs with a rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems, including serious liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Directions: · do not use more than directed ( see Overdose Warning )
- Let Softchews tablet dissolve in mouth or chew Softchews tablet before swallowing, whichever is preferred
- take every 4 to 6 hours; not to exceed 4 doses in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- each Softchews tablet contains: sodium 8 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine, 28.1 mg per Softchews tablet
- contains no aspirin
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients: aspartame, citric acid, crospovidone, D&C Red 27 aluminum lake, dextrin, ethylcellulose, FD&C Blue 1 aluminum lake, flavors, fractionated coconut oil, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, oleic acid, polyethylene glycol, povidone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, sorbitol, starch, sucrose, triethyl citrate
Questions? call 1-800-452-0051 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
U.S. Pat. No. 5,178,878
18 Softchews Tablets
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.