Theraflu severe cold cough hot liquid
(in each packet): Purpose:
1000 mg Pain reliever/Chlorpheniramine maleate
4 mg Antihistamine
30 mg Cough suppressant
60 mg Nasal decongestant
Uses: temporarily relieves
- headache · minor aches and pains
- runny nose · sneezing · itchy nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever · minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion · cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use · if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing acetaminophen (see Overdose Warning )
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease · diabetes · glaucoma
- a breathing problem such as emphysema, asthma, or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with smoking, too much phlegm (mucus) or chronic cough that lasts
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product · do not use more than directed · avoid alcoholic drinks
- may cause marked drowsiness · alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if · nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems, including serious liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see Overdose Warning )
- take every 6 hours; not to exceed 4 packets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: dissolve contents of one packet into 6 oz. hot water. Sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor
Sweeten to taste if desired.
If using a microwave, add contents of packet to 6 oz of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- each packet contains: sodium 14 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 27 mg per adult dose
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.
Inactive Ingredients: acesulfame K, aspartame, citric acid, FD&C Blue 1, FD& C Red 40, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
Questions? call 1-800-452-0051
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.