Sudafed non-drowsy severe cold tablets
Active Ingredients: Purposes:
(in each caplet)
500 mg Pain reliever-fever reducer
15 mg Antitussive
30 mg Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use:
- with another product containing any of these active ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- new symptoms occur
- sore throat is severe
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat lasts for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 caplets
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- take every 6 hours while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- store at 59° to 77°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: candelilla wax, crospovidone, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose poloxamer 407, polyethylene glycol, polyethylene oxide, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, and titanium dioxide
Questions? call toll free 1-800-524-2624, Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Boxes of 12 and 24 caplets; boxes of 12 tablets.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.