Simply cough liquid
Simply Cough ™ Liquid is Cherry Berry-flavored and contains no alcohol or aspirin. Each teaspoonful (5 mL) contains dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg.
Simply Cough ™ Liquid is a single ingredient product that contains the cough suppressant dextromethorphan hydrobromide to provide fast, effective, temporary relief of your child's cough.
temporarily relieves cough occurring with a cold
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- only use with enclosed measuring cup
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours
- do not use more than 4 times in 24 hours
Professional Dosage Schedule: 4-11 mos (12-17 lbs): ½ teaspoonful; 12-23 mos (18-23 lbs): ¾ teaspoonful; 2-3 years (24-35 lbs) 1 teaspoonful; 4-5 yrs (36-47 lbs): 1 ½ teaspoonsful; 6-8 yrs (48-59 lbs): 2 teaspoonsful; 9-10 yrs (60-71 lbs): 2 ½ teaspoonsful; 11 yrs (72-95 lbs): 3 teaspoonsful.
If needed, repeat dose every 4 hours. Do not use more than 4 times in 24 hours.
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if this child has
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts or occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough gets worse or lasts for more than 5 days, comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use if carton is opened, or if neck wrap or foil inner seal imprinted with "Safety Seal" is broken or missing
- store at room temperature
Acute dextromethorphan overdose usually does not result in serious signs and symptoms unless massive amounts have been ingested. Signs and symptoms of a substantial overdose may include nausea and vomiting, visual disturbances, CNS disturbances and urinary retention.
citric acid, corn syrup, FD&C Red #40, flavor, glycerin, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucralose
Cherry Berry flavored liquid in child resistant tamper-evident bottles of 4 fl. oz.
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.