Robitussin PM cough cold liquid
Active Ingredients: (in each 5 mL tsp):
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP..................... 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP...................... 7.5 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP ........................ 15 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: · runny nose · sneezing · itchy, watery eyes · itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have · heart disease · high blood pressure · thyroid disease · diabetes · trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland · glaucoma · cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) · a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and older: 4 tsp every 6 hours
- children 6 to under 12 years: 2 tsp every 6 hours
- children under 6 years: ask a doctor
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- not USP. Meets specifications when tested with a validated non-USP assay method
- dosage cup provided
Inactive Ingredients: citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, natural and artificial flavors, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate
Bottles of 4 fl. oz.