Robitussin maximum strength cough cold liquid
Active Ingredients: (in each 5 mL tsp Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough & Cold)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP............... 15 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP................. 30 mg
(in each 5 mL tsp Robitussin Pediatric Cough & Cold Formula)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP.............. 7.5 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP..................15 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion · cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease · diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- repeat dose every 6 hrs, as needed
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hr period
Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough & Cold. · adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 tsp · children under 12 yrs: ask a doctor
Robitussin Pediatric Cough & Cold Formula · choose dosage by weight (if weight is not known, choose by age)
- under 24 lbs (under 2 yrs): ask a doctor
- 24-47 lbs (2 to under 6 yrs): 1 tsp
- 48-95 lbs (6 to under 12 yrs): 2 tsp
- 96 lbs and over (12 yrs and older): 4 tsp
Other Information: · store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
· dosage cup provided
Inactive Ingredients (Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough & Cold): alcohol, citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glucose, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, water
(Robitussin Pediatric Cough & Cold Formula): citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, water
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 5 mg
Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough & Cold: Red syrup in bottles of 4 fl oz and 8 fl oz.
Robitussin Pediatric Cough & Cold Formula: (bright red) in bottles of 4 fl oz.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.