Robitussin allergy cough syrup
Active Ingredients: (in each 5 mL tsp)
Brompheniramine maleate, USP........ 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP.......... 10 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP............. 30 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose · sneezing · itchy, watery eyes · itching of the nose or throat
- nasal congestion
- temporarily controls cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with inhaled irritants
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
· heart disease · high blood pressure
· thyroid disease · diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland · glaucoma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 tsp every 4 hours
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 tsp every 4 hours
- children under 6 yrs: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- alcohol free
- dosage cup provided
Inactive Ingredients: artificial flavor, citric acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, water
Bottles of 4 fl. oz.