Pediacare decongestant cough infant drops
(in each 0.8 mL): Purpose:
HBr 2.5 mg Cough suppressant
HCl 7.5 mg Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies:
- cough · nasal congestion
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- a cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease · high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
When using this product · do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days, or are accompanied by fever
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- to be taken by mouth only. Not for nasal use.
- children 2 to under 6 years of age: 2 dropperfuls (1.6 mL). If needed, repeat dose every 4 hours. Do not exceed 4 doses in 24 hours
- children under 2 years: Consult a doctor
- protect from light. Store in outer carton until contents are used.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients: citric acid, flavor, glycerin, purified water, sodium benzoate, and sorbitol
Questions? call toll-free 1-888-474-3099
Do not use if carton is opened, or if imprinted plastic bottle wrap is broken or missing
Pediacare Decongestant and Cough is available in 1/2 fl oz liquid bottle.