Cortizone 10 ointment
Active Ingredient: Purpose:
Hydrocortisone 1% Anti-itch
- temporarily relieves itching of minor skin irritations, inflammation, and rashes due to:
- insect bites
- poison ivy, oak, sumac
- seborrheic dermatitis
- temporarily relieves external anal and genital itching
- other uses of this product should be only under the advice and supervision of a doctor
For external use only.
Do not use
- in the genital area if you have a vaginal discharge. Consult a doctor.
- for the treatment of diaper rash. Consult a doctor.
When using this product
- avoid contact with eyes
- do not use more than directed unless told to do so by a doctor
- do not put directly in rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens, or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, and do not begin use of any other hydrocortisone product unless you have asked a doctor
- rectal bleeding occurs
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- for itching of skin irritation, inflammation, and rashes:
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- for external anal and genital itching, adults:
- when practical, clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly
- gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
· store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
Inactive Ingredients: white petrolatum
Questions? call 1-800-223-0182 , weekdays, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
CORTIZONE·10 ointment: 1 oz. and 2 oz. tubes.