Children's benadryl allergy cold fastmelt tablets
Active Ingredients: Purposes:
(in each tablet)
19 mg * Antihistamine/cough suppressant
30 mg Nasal decongestant*equivalent to 12.5 mg of diphenhydramine HCl
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever or the common cold:
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- place in mouth and allow to dissolve
- take every 4 hours
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 4.6 mg per tablet
- store at 59° to 77°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: Aspartame, citric acid, D&C red no. 7 calcium lake, ethylcellulose, flavor, lactitol, magnesium stearate, mannitol, polyethylene, soy protein isolate, and stearic acid
Questions? call 1-800-524-2624 (English/Spanish), weekdays, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Available in boxes of 20 dissolving tablets.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.