Aleve tablets, caplets and gelcaps
Active Ingredient: Purpose:
(in each tablet/caplet/gelcap)
Naproxen sodium 220 mg Pain reliever/fever reducer
(naproxen 200 mg)
Uses: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- minor pain of arthritis
- common cold
- menstrual cramps
temporarily reduces fever
Warnings: Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take naproxen sodium or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Naproxen sodium may cause stomach bleeding.
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if you have ever had serious side effects from any pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking other drug
- taking any other product that contains naproxen sodium, or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- you have difficulty swallowing
- it feels like the pill is stuck in your throat
- you develop heartburn
- stomach pain occurs or lasts, even if symptoms are mild
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- each tablet (caplet, gelcap) contains: sodium 20 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Aleve tablets, caplets:
Inactive Ingredients: FD&C blue #2 lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
Inactive Ingredients: D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, edetate disodium, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, gelatin, glycerin, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments? call 1-800-395-0689 or www.aleve.com* capsule-shaped tablet(s)
** gelatin coated capsule-shaped tablet(s)
ALEVE Caplets in boxes of 24, 50, 100, 150, 200.
ALEVE Gelcaps in boxes of 20, 40, 80.
ALEVE Tablets in boxes of 24, 50, 100, 150. + 8 count vials
Bayer HealthCare LLC
PO Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910 USA
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.