Generic name: HALOBETASOL PROPIONATE 0.5mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream,ointment
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 5, 2019.
Ultravate (halobetasol propionate) is a super-high potency topical corticosteroid; therefore, treatment should be limited to two weeks, and amounts greater than 50 g/wk should not be used. As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary.
More about Ultravate (halobetasol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 6 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Ultravate (Halobetasol Cream and Ointment)
- Ultravate (Halobetasol Lotion)
- Ultravate (Advanced Reading)