Temovate Gel Dosage
Generic name: clobetasol propionate 0.5mg in 1g
Dosage form: topical gel
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2020.
Apply a thin layer of TEMOVATE® Gel to the affected skin areas twice daily and rub in gently and completely (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).
TEMOVATE® Gel is a super-high potency topical corticosteroid; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks and amounts greater than 50 g/week should not be used.
As with other highly active corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary.
TEMOVATE® Gel should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Geriatric Use: In studies where geriatric patients (65 years of age or older, see PRECAUTIONS) have been treated with TEMOVATE® Gel, safety did not differ from that in younger patients; therefore, no dosage adjustment is recommended.
Frequently asked questions
- How effective is clobetasol for hair growth?
- How long does it take for clobetasol propionate to work?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus (lichen sclerosis)?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- Does clobetasol propionate topical solution help hair grow back?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Does Clodan shampoo work for hair loss?
- Does Clobex help hair growth?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
- How often can I use Clobex?
- What's difference between Olux and Olux-E?
- Does Olux foam cause hair loss?
- Clobex Spray, Lotion & Shampoo - Which one do I use?
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Temovate (clobetasol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 5 Reviews
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Temovate (Advanced Reading)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Cream, Gel, and Ointment)
- Temovate (Clobetasol Solution)