Temovate E Cream Dosage
Generic name: clobetasol propionate 0.5mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 5, 2020.
Apply a thin layer of Temovate® E to the affected skin areas twice daily and rub in gently and completely. Wash hands after each application.
Temovate® E is a super-high potency topical corticosteroid; therefore, treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks, and amounts greater than 50 grams per week should not be used.
In moderate to severe plaque-type psoriasis, Temovate® E applied to 5% to 10% of body surface area can be used for up to 4 weeks. The total dosage should not exceed 50 grams per week. When dosing for more than 2 weeks, any additional benefits of extending treatment should be weighed against the risk of HPA suppression. Therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary. Treatment beyond 4 consecutive weeks is not recommended.
Temovate® E should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Frequently asked questions
- How effective is clobetasol for hair growth?
- How long does it take for clobetasol propionate to work?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus (lichen sclerosis)?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- Does clobetasol propionate topical solution help hair grow back?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Does Clodan shampoo work for hair loss?
- Does Clobex help hair growth?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
- How often can I use Clobex?
- What's difference between Olux and Olux-E?
- Clobex Spray, Lotion & Shampoo - Which one do I use?
- Does Olux foam cause hair loss?
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.