Generic name: DENILEUKIN DIFTITOX 150ug in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed on August 1, 2018.
Dosing Schedule and Administration
- Premedicate with an antihistamine and acetaminophen prior to each Ontak infusion.
- Administer at 9 or 18 mcg/kg/day by intravenous infusion over 30-60 minutes for 5 consecutive days every 21 days for 8 cycles.
- Do not administer as a bolus injection.
- Withhold administration of Ontak if serum albumin levels are less than 3.0 g/dL.
- Discontinue for adverse infusion reactions.
Preparation and Administration
- Thaw vials in the refrigerator at 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F) for not more than 24 hours or at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bring Ontak to room temperature, before preparing the dose.
- Mix the solution in the vial by gentle swirling; do not shake.
- Visually inspect for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Use only if the solution is clear, colorless and without visible particulate matter. After thawing, a haze may be visible which should clear when the solution is at room temperature.
- Do not refreeze Ontak after thawing.
- Prepare and hold diluted Ontak in plastic syringes or soft plastic IV bags. Do not use glass containers.
- Maintain concentration of Ontak at 15 mcg/mL or higher.
- during all steps in the preparation of the solution for IV infusion.
- Withdraw the calculated dose from the vial(s) and inject it into an empty IV infusion bag. Do not add more than 9 mL of sterile saline without preservative to the IV bag for each 1 mL of Ontak.
- Do not mix Ontak with other drugs.
- Do not administer Ontak through an in-line filter.
- Administer prepared solutions of Ontak within 6 hours, using a syringe pump or IV infusion bag.
- Discard unused portions of Ontak immediately.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.