MaC Patch Dosage
Generic name: CAPSAICIN 0.0375g in 100g, MENTHOL 51 in 100g
Dosage form: topical patch
Medically reviewed on January 9, 2018.
MaC Patch contains 0.05% capsaicin and 5.00% menthol.
Adults and children 12 years and over apply to affected area; change patch 2 to 3 times daily
Children under 12 years, consult a physician before use
How to apply:
- Clean and dry affected area
- Cut open pouch and remove patch
- If desired, cut pad to size
- Remove protective film and apply directly to area of pain
- Apply to affected area not more than 3 times daily
- Wash hands with soap after applying patch
- Reseal pouch containing unused patches
Apply MaC Patch to intact skin to cover the most painful area. Apply up to four patches in a 24 hour period. Each patchshould not be applied for more than 8 hours in a given 24-hour period. Patches may be cut into smaller sizes with scissors prior to removal of the release liner. Clothing may be worn over the area of application. Smaller areas of treatment are recommended in a debilitated patient, or a patient with impaired elimination.
If irritation or a burning sensation occurs during application, remove the patch and do not reapply until the irritation subsides.
More about MaC Patch (capsaicin / menthol topical)
- MaC Patch Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: topical rubefacient