HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 19, 2021.
Generic name: bisacodyl 5mg; POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 210g in 2L, SODIUM BICARBONATE 2.86g in 2L, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.6g in 2L, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 0.74g in 2L;
Dosage form: bowel prep kit
The recommended HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit oral dosage regimen for adults on the day prior to colonoscopy is as follows:
- No solid food or milk (clear liquids only) should be consumed on the day of the preparation.
- Take one 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet with water. Do NOT chew or crush the tablet.
- No antacids should be taken within one hour of taking the bisacodyl delayed-release tablet.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution according to the instructions on the kit.
- Add flavor pack of choice (if applicable) to the 2 liter container.
- No additional ingredients (other than flavor packs provided) should be added to the solution.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution by filling the container to the 2 liter mark with water. Cap the container. Shake to dissolve the powder.
- Wait for a bowel movement (or maximum of 6 hours) then drink the 2 liter HalfLytely solution at a rate of 8 ounces every 10 minutes. Drink all of the solution.
- If you have abdominal distention or discomfort, stop drinking the HalfLytely solution temporarily or drink each portion at longer intervals until your symptoms improve.
- Consume only clear liquids after taking the HalfLytely solution until your colonoscopy.
More about HalfLytely and Bisacodyl (bisacodyl / polyethylene glycol 3350 / potassium chloride / sodium bicarbonate / sodium chloride)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- 5 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.