HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Dosage
Generic name: bisacodyl 5mg; POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 210g in 2L, SODIUM BICARBONATE 2.86g in 2L, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.6g in 2L, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 0.74g in 2L;
Dosage form: bowel prep kit
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit oral dosage regimen for adults on the day prior to colonoscopy is as follows:
- No solid food or milk (clear liquids only) should be consumed on the day of the preparation.
- Take one 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet with water. Do NOT chew or crush the tablet.
- No antacids should be taken within one hour of taking the bisacodyl delayed-release tablet.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution according to the instructions on the kit.
- Add flavor pack of choice (if applicable) to the 2 liter container.
- No additional ingredients (other than flavor packs provided) should be added to the solution.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution by filling the container to the 2 liter mark with water. Cap the container. Shake to dissolve the powder.
- Wait for a bowel movement (or maximum of 6 hours) then drink the 2 liter HalfLytely solution at a rate of 8 ounces every 10 minutes. Drink all of the solution.
- If you have abdominal distention or discomfort, stop drinking the HalfLytely solution temporarily or drink each portion at longer intervals until your symptoms improve.
- Consume only clear liquids after taking the HalfLytely solution until your colonoscopy.
More about HalfLytely and Bisacodyl (bisacodyl / polyethylene glycol 3350 / potassium chloride / sodium bicarbonate / sodium chloride)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives
- Bisacodyl Tablets Bowel Prep Kit
- HalfLytely solution
- Half Lytely and Bisacodyl Lemon Lime
- HalfLytely and Bisacodyl
- HalfLytely and Bisacodyl with Flavor Packs