Actonel with Calcium Dosage
Generic name: RISEDRONATE SODIUM 35mg; CALCIUM CARBONATE 1250mg
Dosage form: tablets
Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017.
Treatment and Prevention of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
(see INDICATIONS AND USAGE):
One 35 mg Actonel tablet orally, taken once a week (Day 1 of the 7-day treatment cycle):
- ACTONEL should be taken at least 30 minutes before the first food or drink of the day other than water. Actonel should not be taken at the same time as other medications, including calcium.
To facilitate delivery to the stomach, ACTONEL should be swallowed while the patient is in an upright position and with a full glass of plain water (6 to 8 oz). Patients should not lie down for 30 minutes after taking the medication (see PRECAUTIONS, General). ACTONEL is not recommended for use in patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min). No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with a creatinine clearance ≥30 mL/min or in the elderly.
One 1250 mg calcium carbonate tablet (500 mg elemental calcium) orally, taken with food daily on each of the remaining six days (Days 2 through 7 of the 7-day treatment cycle):
- The recommended total (diet and otherwise) daily calcium intake in postmenopausal women is 1200 mg of elemental calcium. If patients need calcium in excess of that provided by ACTONEL with CALCIUM, this should be taken with food at a separate time of day.
Patients should receive additional vitamin D if dietary intake is inadequate (see PRECAUTIONS, General). Co-administration of calcium tablets and calcium-, aluminum-, and magnesium-containing medications may interfere with the absorption of ACTONEL (see Drug Interactions).
ACTONEL with CALCIUM is not recommended for use in patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min). No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with a creatinine clearance ≥ 30 mL/min or in the elderly.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Actonel with Calcium (calcium carbonate / risedronate)
- Actonel with Calcium Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: bisphosphonates