Magonate Natal (magnesium gluconate) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Magonate Natal (magnesium gluconate):
Magnesium Salts (Includes Magonate Natal) ↔ Renal Dysfunction
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Renal Dysfunction
Magnesium is eliminated by the kidney. The serum concentration of magnesium is increased in patients with renal impairment. Magnesium toxicity includes CNS depression, muscular paralysis, respiratory depression, hypotension and prolonged cardiac conduction time. Disappearance of the patellar reflex is a useful clinical sign of magnesium intoxication. Therapy with magnesium should be administered cautiously and dosages should be modified in patients with compromised renal function. Clinical monitoring of serum magnesium levels is recommended.
- "Product Information. Mag-Ox 400 (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
- "Product Information. Losospan (magaldrate)." Whitehall-Robbins, Madison, NJ.
- "Product Information. Slow-Mag (magnesium chloride)." Searle, Skokie, IL.
- "Product Information. Magonate (magnesium gluconate)." Fleming and Company, Fenton, MO.
- "Product Information. Uro-Mag (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
Magonate Natal (magnesium gluconate) drug Interactions
There are 67 drug interactions with Magonate Natal (magnesium gluconate)
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.