Hiberix (haemophilus b conjugate (prp-t) vaccine) Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Hiberix (haemophilus b conjugate (prp-t) vaccine):
Vaccines (Includes Hiberix) ↔ IM injection
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applies to: Thrombocytopenia, Thrombocytopathy, Coagulation Defect
In patients with thrombocytopenia or coagulation disorders, intramuscular injections may produce bleeding and hematomas. Patients with a platelet count less than 50,000/mm3 are at an increased risk. Caution is advised if the vaccine (e.g., plague vaccine, hepatitis A and B vaccines, and aluminum-adsorbed DTaP, DTP, DT, or Td) must be administered intramuscularly. The risk of bleeding may be minimized by vaccination immediately after the administration of replacement factor, use of a 23-gauge (or smaller) needle, and immediate application of direct pressure to the vaccination site for at least 2 minutes.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases; Peter G, ed. "Red BooK: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 24th" Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics (1997):
- "Product Information. Engerix-B (hepatitis B vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Havrix (hepatitis A vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Plague Vaccine (plague vaccine)." Greer Laboratories Inc, Lenoir, NC.
- "Product Information. Cholera vaccine (cholera vaccine)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
Vaccines (live attenuated/toxoid) (Includes Hiberix) ↔ immunocompromised
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applies to: Immunodeficiency
The expected antibody responses may not be obtained when live attenuated vaccines and/or toxoids are administered to immunosuppressed persons, including those receiving immunosuppressive therapy. Caution and close monitoring is advised.
Hiberix (haemophilus b conjugate (prp-t) vaccine) drug interactions
There are 202 drug interactions with Hiberix (haemophilus b conjugate (prp-t) vaccine)
More about Hiberix (haemophilus b conjugate (prp-t) vaccine)
- Hiberix Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: bacterial vaccines
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.