Skip to Content
Medical Term:

volume-displacement plethysmograph


a plethysmograph, usually a body plethysmograph, in which changes in volume displace a corresponding volume into or out of a very compliant measuring device, such as a Krogh spirometer or integrating flowmeter.

© Copyright 2017 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.