- A small bladder or bladderlike structure.
- A small ( less than 1.0 cm in diameter), circumscribed elevation of the skin containing fluid.
- A small sac containing liquid or gas.
- A closed structure surrounded by a single membrane.
- In fungi, the swollen apex of the conidiophore in Aspergillus and some Penicillium species, or the swollen apex of the sporangiophore in some zygomycetous species.
[L. vesicula, a blister, dim. of vesica, bladder]
See Also: bleb, blister, bulla
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.