- A pattern or guide that determines the shape of a substance.
- Metaphorically, the specifying nature of a macromolecule, usually a nucleic acid or polynucleotide, with respect to the primary structure of the nucleic acid or polynucleotide or protein made from it in vivo or in vitro.
- In dentistry, a curved or flat plate used as an aid in setting teeth.
- An outline used to trace teeth, bones, or soft tissue to standardize their form.
- A pattern or guide that determines the specificity of antibody globulins.
[Fr. templet, temple of a loom, fr. L. templum, small timber]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.