- Deliberately excluding from conscious thought.
- Arrest of the secretion of a fluid, such as urine or bile.
- Checking of an abnormal flow or discharge, as in suppression of a hemorrhage.
- The effect of a second mutation that overwrites a phenotypic change caused by a previous mutation at a different point on the chromosome.
- Inhibition of vision in one eye when dissimilar images fall on corresponding retinal points.
- The attenuation or arrest of an immune response.
[L. subprimo (subp-), pp. -pressus, to press down]
See Also: epistasis
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.