- Capable of perceiving sensations.
- Responsive to a stimulus.
- Acutely perceptive of interpersonal situations.
- One who is readily hypnotizable.
- Readily undergoing a chemical change, with but slight change in environmental conditions, as a sensitive reagent.
- In immunology, denoting: a sensitized antigen; or a human (or animal) rendered susceptible to immunologic reactions by previous exposure to the antigen concerned.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.