- Capable of perceiving sensations.
- Responsive to a stimulus.
- Acutely perceptive of interpersonal situations.
- One who is readily hypnotizable.
- Readily undergoing a chemical change, with but slight change in environmental conditions, as a sensitive reagent.
- In immunology, denoting: a sensitized antigen; or a human (or animal) rendered susceptible to immunologic reactions by previous exposure to the antigen concerned.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.