- A sheet of any substance used to shield an object from any influence, such as heat, light, or x-rays.
- A sheet on which an image is projected.
- Formerly, to make a fluoroscopic examination.
- In psychoanalysis, concealment, as one image or memory concealing another.
- To examine, evaluate; to process a group to select or separate certain individuals from it.
- A thin layer of crystals that converts x-rays to light photons to expose film; used in a cassette to produce radiographic images on film.
See Also: screen memory
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.