- A subsidence of symptoms.
- A relapse; a return of symptoms.
- Any retrograde movement or action.
- A return to a more primitive mode of behavior due to an inability to function adequately at a more adult level.
- An unconscious defense mechanism by which there occurs a return to earlier patterns of adaptation.
- The distribution of one random variable given particular values of other variables relevant to it (a formula for the distribution of weight as a function of height and chest circumference). The method was formulated by Galton in his study of quantitative genetics.
[L. regredior, pp. -gressus, to go back]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.