- A pushing out; an outgrowth or protuberance.
- The referring of a sensation to the object producing it.
- A defense mechanism by which a repressed complex in the person is denied and conceived as belonging to someone else, as when faults that the person tends to commit are perceived in or attributed to others.
- The conception by the consciousness of a mental occurrence belonging to the self as of external origin.
- Localization of visual impressions in space.
- neuroanatomy the system or systems of nerve fibers (projection fibers [TA]) by which a group of nerve cells discharges its nerve impulses (“projects”) to one or more other cell groups.
- The image of a three-dimensional object on a plane, as in a radiograph.
- radiography standardized views of parts of the body, described by body part position, the direction of the x-ray beam through the body part, or by eponym.
[L. projectio; fr. pro- jicio, pp. -jectus, to throw before]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.