Pronunciation: pro'ses, pros'es
- anatomy a projection or outgrowth.
- A method or mode of action used in the attainment of a certain result.
- An advance, progress, or method, as of a disease.
- A pathologic condition or disease.
- dentistry a series of operations that convert a wax pattern, such as that of a denture base, into a solid denture base of another material.
[L. processus, an advance, progress, process, fr. pro-cedo, pp. -cessus, to go forward]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.