- Abbreviation for poly(adenylic acid).
- Iridoid indole alkaloid isolated from Vinca sp.; may have pharmacologic applications; falling in this class are vinblastine and vincristine.
- Excretion of d-glycerate in the urine; found in renal calculi.
- An inborn error in metabolism resulting in d-glyceric aciduria (1).
- A class of basic antibiotic peptides found in neutrophils that apparently kill bacteria by causing membrane damage.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.