- Abbreviation for poly(adenylic acid).
- Iridoid indole alkaloid isolated from Vinca sp.; may have pharmacologic applications; falling in this class are vinblastine and vincristine.
- Excretion of d-glycerate in the urine; found in renal calculi.
- An inborn error in metabolism resulting in d-glyceric aciduria (1).
- A class of basic antibiotic peptides found in neutrophils that apparently kill bacteria by causing membrane damage.
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.