- The property of having two opposite poles, as that possessed by a magnet.
- The possession of opposite properties or characteristics.
- The direction or orientation of positivity relative to negativity.
- The direction along a polynucleotide chain, or any biopolymer or macrostructure (microtubules).
- With respect to solvents, ionizing power.
- The tendency of an organism to develop differentially along an axis.
[Mod. L. polaris, polar]
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2017 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.