- A cul-de-sac or pouchlike cavity.
- A diseased gingival attachment; a space between the inflamed gum and the surface of a tooth, limited apically by an epithelial attachment.
- To enclose within a confined space, as the stump of the pedicle of an ovarian or other abdominal tumor between the lips of the external wound.
- A collection of pus in a nearly closed sac.
- To approach the surface at a localized spot, as with the thinned-out wall of an abscess that is about to rupture.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.