- A lump or aggregation of coherent material.
- pharmacotherapy a soft solid preparation containing an active medicinal agent of such consistency that it can be divided into small pieces and rolled into pills.
- One of the seven fundamental quantities in the SI; its unit is the kilogram, defined as the mass of the international prototype of the kilogram, which is made of platinum-iridium and maintained at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures.
- The quantity of matter in a body or substance.
- In pulmonary radiology, a lung or pleural lesion larger than 30 mm in diameter, as inferred from an opacity on the x-ray image; most often a neoplasm.
- Commonly used as a synonym for tumor or neoplasm.
[L. massa, a doughlike mass]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.