Pronunciation: la'bil, -bil
- An adaptability to alteration or modification, relatively easily changed or rearranged.
- Certain constituents of serum affected by increases in heat.
- An electrode that is kept moving over the surface during the passage of an electric current.
- In psychology or psychiatry, denoting free and uncontrolled mood or behavioral expression of the emotions.
- Easily removable, a labile hydrogen atom.
[L. labilis, liable to slip, fr. labor, pp. lapsus, to slip]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.